Phincon collects information at its sites in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter or register to comment on a forum site); and (2) indirectly (for example, through our site’s technology).
We may collect and process the following information:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes registering to use the site, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference or requesting a white paper or further information. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an Phincon site.
• Our site collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
• Details of your visits to our site and resources you access (including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Please see the Cookies section below for more information. When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data”.
We use personal data to provide you with information you request, process online job applications, and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected or which will be obvious to you. For example:
• To fulfill your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters or other content
• For surveys or research questionnaires
• To personalize your site experience
• To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our site to make it more effective. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose, for example:
• In the case of an event where we need to provide our caterer with meal preference information or we are running a joint event and have informed you that the data will be shared with our partners. But again, we will notify you as to why we are asking for specific information and it is completely up to you whether you want to provide it;
• We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets;
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Phincon’s site. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
As a global organization, personal data we collect may be transferred internationally throughout Phincon’s worldwide organization. We have internal policies in place to ensure an equivalent level of protection is in place across our organization.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us form.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you at any time by using our Contact Us form.